Pilates of Amelia (POA) is committed to promoting the efficient and adaptable exercise method of Pilates and other functional-based movement training to every individual body, regardless of body type, size, age or fitness level. At our studio, we passionately believe in providing high quality instruction of Pilates and functional-based movements to our clients. Our instructors create personalized, optimum body conditioning programs to meet your needs and goals for overall fitness and well-being, athletic training, or supported rehabilitation. Pilates of Amelia is here to motivate and inspire you to reach your ultimate health and fitness goals – and to simply feel great!
Pilates of Amelia has been established since 2003, however, it is now under new Ownership since July 2019.
• Instill fundamental core strength
• Increase and restore strength, flexibility and endurance
• Balance weaknesses and compensations to uniformly develop the muscles
• Safely provide conditioning and retraining protocols for individual movement patterns
• Encourage full body awareness and focus on the mind-body connection
• Create individualized programs and class sessions to achieve strong, flexible muscles and healthy joints
• Promote the importance of a diligent Pilates practice, while having fun, laughing and enjoying the process!
WHAT IS PILATES?
Pilates (pronounced puh-LAH-teez) is an exercise system developed in the 1920's by legendary trainer, Joseph Pilates. It is an effective exercise method that produces a strong balanced body, improves athletic performance, and creates healthy movement patterns by building a foundation of strength, stability, flexibility, control, body awareness, and proper postural alignment. Pilates and Pilates-based exercises are functional movements that apply a concentrated whole-body approach to many different fitness and training activities, as well as daily living functions. Pilates focuses attention on core strength, proper alignment, balanced muscle development and mindful movement to produce a stronger and properly sculpted physique. Pilates creates a strong foundation for any kind of movement, which enables the body to move freely and correctly in order to have a healthier and more active lifestyle with a decreased chance of injury. As a comprehensive movement system, the Pilates method utilizes specifically designed apparatus and should always be taught by highly trained, certified instructors.
Although Pilates can be performed on the Mat only, Pilates of Amelia is a fully stocked Pilates Studio that utilizes the following apparatus:
• The Reformer
• The Cadillac/Trapeze Table
• Tower Wall Units
• The Low (Wunda) Chair
• The Ladder Barrel
• The Ped-o-Pul
• The Foot Corrector
• Miscellaneous: Magic Circle, Foam Rollers, Therabands
The Pilates Method ultimately emphasizes strengthening, balance, stretching, movement coordination and control to create strong, flexible muscles and healthy joints.